Friday, August 29, 2008

Thank-you!

This is just a quick post to all the ladies in my neighborhood, at book group and "girls night out" who make the effort to be friends with me. When we moved here three years ago we had a lot of people tell us "There are a lot of Mormons there!" (Yes, we actually knew that.) "They'll try to convert you!" (I'm not interested, so they can try....), and finally, "They move in their own circles so don't be surprised if no one is very friendly to you!" Now that one scared me. I'm not exactly a social butterfly, but I don't like being lonely either. And while there are people from my church around here, there aren't that many very close to where we live or that are in the same stage of life Brian and I are.

So to all my neighbors and friends who mostly care that I'm just basically a nice person, (you know who you are)

THANK- YOU!

4 comments:

Amy said...

I am always glad that when you come along. You are so fun and witty and clever. You are such a great friend. Sometimes I feel a bit bad when conversation turns "mormon-y" but you always play it cool. I just love ya to pieces. I am just so glad that you come hang with us. We are lucky that you moved here so we could get to know you. Sorry for the slow start.

Heather Shepherd said...

Dear "Porthole" Avalon Cooke,

I'm really glad you are "basically a nice person" :) and I'm sorry I wasn't able to hang out last night with you too.

Wrena said...

Mu-a! Hugs I am going to miss you a ton x 100, for reals!!

Jaqui said...

I'm just so lucky that I got to crash your book group and get to know you. I love chatting with you every time. You are an amazingly nice person! And fun too.