Saturday, August 2, 2008

New Harry Potter Book

There is a new "Harry Potter" book coming out and my husband is entering a BBQ competition. Hang on, there is a connection here.

So, J.K. Rowling wrote a book called "Tales of Beedle the Bard" that is related to, though not really part of, her Harry Potter series. And a couple of nights ago I stumbled across this information on the Barnes and Noble website. I thought "Great! I'll pre-order my copy," since it's not coming out 'til December. Then I thought I'd take a gander at the price on Amazon's website. Well, Amazon bought at auction one of the six hand-crafted originals that Ms. Rowling made and they are offering a collector's edition that emulates their copy for the low, low price of $100. Yep, one hundred dollars. But on the upside this qualifies for free shipping.

I thought "Sheesh! Who can afford that?" I've never even spent that much on a dress, or a pair of shoes! But wouldn't it be nice to own a book like that? Written in J.K. Rowling's own hand? With her illustrations? And some other special extras that the standard edition doesn't have? (Sigh)

Then I got to thinking, Brian is entering a BBQ competition next weekend, and he could win some money. And I'm going to have to help him. There's no way he could do it alone. So if he wins it'll be because of me. I will then deserve a treat.

Yup, you guessed it. I pre-ordered that book. I rationalized it by telling myself that if he loses I can always cancel the order.

Here is the link so you can pre-order yours. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0956010903/ref=amb_link_7226372_2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=02385SP4MGT8RK7WD1D6&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_p=423015801&pf_rd_i=1000179911
!
!
!
!
!
!
There is no WAY I am canceling that order! He better win!

2 comments:

Wrena said...

Where do we judge this BBQ! We will defanitly VOTE~U KNOW WHO! Good luck Brian, & Tara!

No ~ for reals where can we see you displaying your best?

Heather Shepherd said...

I saw this on Amazon a couple of days ago! Did you know that the library has a couple of her other books written for charities in Britain? "Quidditch Through The Ages" and "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them"

They were fun, fast reads.

BTW GO BRIAN!!