Saturday, January 31, 2009
Monday, January 26, 2009
1. If I was not married, I'd be the "crazy cat lady", though I'd probably have dogs too. And all my money would go tword making sure they were spayed/neutered, had all their shots and were otherwise healthy and spoiled.
2. At the ripe old age of 36, I still cannot bake cookies without burning the first batch.
3. Being a wife and mother is both more fun and more work than I ever thought it would be.
4. Right now, this moment, I have a headache.
5. Red continues to be my favorite color.
6. I HATE laundry!
7. Judges is a very difficult study, but interesting.
8. We just got a new couch that is VERY comfortable.
9. I am an awful bowler, but it's fun.
10. Books are the single best thing man has ever invented.
11. When I was little my mom used to sing bits of songs to my sister and me, dreadfully out of tune, and very embarrassing. I swore I would never do this to any child of mine.
12. I sing bits of songs to Ian, very out of tune and dreadfully embarrassing. It's way fun.
13. I always wanted to find that genie in a bottle that gave out the wishes. I think however, I found him and did not notice. I have a great life I would not trade for anything.
14. Burnt popcorn and spoiled fish are the worst smells ever.
15. If I ever have another child, I hope it is a boy. Boys are way more fun than I ever thought they could be.
16. I would defiantly take a girl though.
17. Someday I hope to have land with cows.
18. Orange blossoms smell beautiful.
19. I always have a faint hope there is something fun in the mail for me. There never is, but that's because I am terrible at writing letters to people.
20. I have more friends than I ever thought I would have.
21. The laundry is beeping. I am ignoring it.
22. I always wondered about those people who wake up with their hair completely white. Where does the color go? Is it all over their pillow? Is it absorbed back into the body?
23. If I ever met anyone that #22 happened to, I would be too embarrassed to ask.
24. My 5 year old son has told me I'm weird. My husband did not disagree.
25. I like riddles. How can you drop an egg from three feet onto a cement floor without having yolk splatter all over?
26. I'm all done now!
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Friday, January 9, 2009
Yesterday, I counted his spend money and he had a little more than eighty bucks saved. (I did not tell him I was counting it, I was just curious.) EIGHTY BUCKS! And he's five years old! Some was allowance. Some gifts and such, but you have to understand, Ian has a spend jar and a save jar. Half of his money is his to spend as he likes, and half is money he is saving for collage. So that means he has approximately $160. He is FIVE! This kid is dedicated!
Well I had to go to PetSmart to get some light bulbs for the fishtank and Ian fell in love.
Okay, I'll admit this is not a Guinea Pig (Thank Heavens!) This is Simon. The newest addition to our pet family. He is very cute, very sweet. And "talks" more than any cat I've ever met. Yes, Even more than TAC did, if you can believe it. Ian paid for him and I think Simon knows and is grateful. I keep stumbling across the both of them curled up together with Ian petting Simon and Simon telling Ian stories. It's very sweet. I think Simon is a good addition.
My mom does not own any jeans. My mom does not own a pair of pants as far as I know. In my memory, I do not recall ever seeing mom in pants, with the exception of pajamas.
Now, here is why mom is wearing them: On Christmas it REALLY snowed here, so much so I was afraid Brian would not be able to get into the driveway after work. However, a few days prior, I had fallen and messed up my back so I could not shovel it myself so my mom volunteered to do it for me. I went and got her a pair of Brian's old jeans, and she put on his fireman boots and went out with the snow blower and cleaned up the driveway.
This is the picture Ian took with his camera since he thought Nana looked pretty funny.