Monday, January 26, 2009

25 (or so) random thoughts about me

I was tagged twice to do this, so I guess I'd better do it.

1. If I was not married, I'd be the "crazy cat lady", though I'd probably have dogs too. And all my money would go tword making sure they were spayed/neutered, had all their shots and were otherwise healthy and spoiled.

2. At the ripe old age of 36, I still cannot bake cookies without burning the first batch.

3. Being a wife and mother is both more fun and more work than I ever thought it would be.

4. Right now, this moment, I have a headache.

5. Red continues to be my favorite color.

6. I HATE laundry!

7. Judges is a very difficult study, but interesting.

8. We just got a new couch that is VERY comfortable.

9. I am an awful bowler, but it's fun.

10. Books are the single best thing man has ever invented.

11. When I was little my mom used to sing bits of songs to my sister and me, dreadfully out of tune, and very embarrassing. I swore I would never do this to any child of mine.

12. I sing bits of songs to Ian, very out of tune and dreadfully embarrassing. It's way fun.

13. I always wanted to find that genie in a bottle that gave out the wishes. I think however, I found him and did not notice. I have a great life I would not trade for anything.

14. Burnt popcorn and spoiled fish are the worst smells ever.

15. If I ever have another child, I hope it is a boy. Boys are way more fun than I ever thought they could be.

16. I would defiantly take a girl though.

17. Someday I hope to have land with cows.

18. Orange blossoms smell beautiful.

19. I always have a faint hope there is something fun in the mail for me. There never is, but that's because I am terrible at writing letters to people.

20. I have more friends than I ever thought I would have.

21. The laundry is beeping. I am ignoring it.

22. I always wondered about those people who wake up with their hair completely white. Where does the color go? Is it all over their pillow? Is it absorbed back into the body?

23. If I ever met anyone that #22 happened to, I would be too embarrassed to ask.

24. My 5 year old son has told me I'm weird. My husband did not disagree.

25. I like riddles. How can you drop an egg from three feet onto a cement floor without having yolk splatter all over?

26. I'm all done now!

3 comments:

Amy said...

my guess to answer riddle #25 is that the egg was hard boiled. but I will keep thinking on this one to see if I can't come up with another answer.

I think that Isaiah is a more difficult study but if you can understand it, it is got some really great stuff in it.
and to your # 3.... I never fail to burn the last batch. I guess I am relieved to be done baking a little early.

I love reading things about you I think you are interesting and fun. And if your weird then hang out with me more and you will be normal because you would be just like me.

Melanie said...

I too thought about the egg being boiled and therefore would not splatter all over. Just a hunch. I love you list. Thanks for sharing all of your interesting tidbits about you!

ducknme said...

The hard-boiled egg would work, but the answer is drop the egg from 5 feet catch it after 3 and the set it on the floor. Silly huh?