Wednesday, August 6, 2008

First day of Kindergarten

So yesterday was Ian's first day of "big kid" school. Just so you know It was terrible... for me. I went home and bawled. Ian on the other hand, had a blast. He came home asking if he got to go back the next day. When I told him he'd get to go for the next three days before he got the weekend off, he was very excited. I think he got tired of people asking how his first day of school went though, by the time he got to talk to Gramma and Papa about it his answers became positively monosyllabic. Except for about his teacher he came up with some whoppers about him!



He did have fun though. He's been singing some new songs and he shows off his work papers he's done. He says he has a new friend named Kaden, but he can't remember the name of the girl who sits next to him. He'll get it though.
It's hard for me to really look and see how grown-up he's getting. But he seems to be managing in spite of me.




Ian, Sunshine, I'm so lucky you are my kid.
Ready to go!
Marching off to school!
Waiting in line.
Ian's teacher, Mr. Mednick. As you can see, Gramma and Papa, he is NOT green and he DID wear clothes!
Waiting....
Marching into class.
Me: "Bye sweetie, I love you! Have a good day!"
Ian: "Yes"
After school with the hat he colored that says "school is cool"

4 comments:

Wrena said...

That is so how it goes! My turn is next! Ick I get a knot in my gut just thinking about it!

Heather Shepherd said...

isn't it funny how fast the time flies? all the years that we drove by H.P. Elementary saying "some day that will be your school" are ended. It seemed so far off and now, first grade!

one of these days we'll have to hit Mr. C's while Ian is at school. nothing like gelato to distract a loney mom!

All American Family said...

This post almost made me cry...and my son is only 2 1/2. :(

Anonymous said...

Hi; Great for Papa and G'ma to hear of Ian's first day of school, even if he stretched the truth. But HE is our BOY. Thanks for sharing with us. LOVE Papa and G'ma. Annamous again.