Friday, April 1, 2011

Friday Confessional!

Photobucket

I confess:
I did not do laundry this week.  I should be doing it now, but I'm not.  I promise I'll get to it. *eventually*
But, I have a really good excuse.  I read a book instead.  Oh, I know, I read all the time and you can read in between washing and folding, blah, blah.  But I could not put this one down. It's one I bought at the grocery store. I was lookin at a bunch of different ones and decided to get the WWII historical novel. I grabbed it and put it in my cart, paid for everything and came home.  As I was putting thr groceries away I realized I'd grabbed the wrong book.  This was one about a teenager and a curse and the song "Scarborough Fair".  You know...
"Are you going to Scarborough Fair?
Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme.
Remember me to the one who lives there.
She once was a true love of mine."
This was NOT the book I wanted. I was mad. I didn't think it was going to be any good. I was never a Simon and Garfunkel fan.  I mean they are okay, but not my faves or anything.  So I tossed the book aside and forgot about it.  Then  one day I was desparate for something to read.  So I picked it up.  I never put it down again. 
Impossible by Nancy Werlin
If you need a good book, come borrow this one.  WOW!

Also, I could use a suggestion for what to read next....

6 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL my confession starts with unfinished laundry as well :)

I love those kind of books .... but it's dangerous for me to read those kind of books.

Pastiche said...

Ha, with five people to do laundry for I am NEVER done. there is always laundry to do. Piles and piles of it!
You should write a book review!

amanda said...

Your excuse for not doing laundry was a lot better than the excuse I gave my husband as to why I didn't go grocery shopping. "The cat was watching a movie on Lifetime that she was really into, so I had to wait for it to play out...and by that time it was too late."

I'm not sure we have similar tastes in books, but here are a few of my recommendations: A Map of the World by Jane Hamilton, Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah, and Illusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah by Richard Bach.

Heather Shepherd said...

That book sounds really good!

Macey said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE bood recs!!
So what was the WWII one that you were going to get originally??

Heather Shepherd said...

just finished today! LOVED it! Thanks for the suggestion. You need to join goodreads.com. I get recommendations from my friends on there. Check it out.