Friday, April 15, 2011

Friday Confession - Make-up version!

Photobucket


Okay, It seems like the only time I ever post is at the Frday Confessional and then I missed last week, but...

I Confess
I was out of town for a funeral.  He was an older gentlman I'd known all my life.  And he, together with his daughter, conspired to introduce my husband and me to each other.  He was a kind, sweet man and will be greatly missed.

Also while we were out of town, we went to my Mom's house and she was extreamly rude to my Aunt and Uncle.  So much so that Dusty has sworn he is done with her and Christy isn't sure she's ready to speak to her again - a week later. 
This part of the confession may put me on the outs with Mom if she happens to read it.  However, let me explain what happened from my perspective.  We were only staying one night, going to the funeral the next day and leaving after the funeral to head home so we stayed at a hotel then went to Mom's house in the morning.  Christy and Dusty met us there.  They had only been ther about half an hour and we were all sitting around sharing pleasent conversation, when Mom started huffing and puffing, snapping at everyone and generally being a big grump. We were including her in the conversation, which was mostly about books and our drive over.  Nothing too exciting, but fun anyways.  When all of the sudden Mom told Chris that they needed to leave.  She did not want them in her house and they needed to go now because she wanted to spend time with us without them around.  Now, just so you know, Mom has spent several weeks at our house in the past couple of years, usually in two week incrememts, but we have not seen Chris and Dusty in a long time.
 Honestly, I was appalled. My 7 year old son was in tears and kept hugging Christy and my hubby had "that" look on his face.  The one that says "if I open my mouth I'll bite her head off!"  I don't know what is wrong with Mom lately, but she has said some wildly inappropriate things and I don't know what to make of it. ARRRGGGH!!!

I also helped my husband work on one of his tests to keep his BCPS. (Board Certified Pharmacist Something or another) I now know more about diabeties and other chronic diseases then I ever wanted to know.  Although, I have to admit this section was better than the one about human sexuality. (I'm sorry Love, but that one was ICK!)

So, that's all the excitement for now!

5 comments:

VandyJ said...

Having to go to funerals sucks. And having to deal with relatives sucks sometimes too.

Mamarazzi said...

family drama sucks and funerals do tend to bring out the worst in people...sads.

Mamarazzi said...

oh i went to reply to your comment on my blog, i always like to reply via email and your email address is not enabled.

did you know that?

this means that you spend so much time leaving lovely comments on people's blogs and they have no way of responding to a question or thanking you for stopping by or just continuing the conversation...because instead of your email address all they see is "no-reply comment".

sad right?

you can fix that if you like.

just go to your dashboard, click edit profile and click show email address and then click save profile.

easy!!!

and i PROMISE if you change this blogging will get even better and become even more fun!

Ricki Treleaven said...

Iam sorry your mother embarrassed you and hurt your feelings.

People handle grief differently, so maybe that's the problem with your mom.

I am visiting from Mamarazzi's blog.

~Ricki Jill

Amanda said...

I'm sorry for your loss. It sounds like he was a great person.