Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Ian's Birthday Present

So last night I was working on the new menu for Q4U, (next time you go be sure to tell T how awesome the new menu is!) when I realized Ian's birthday is coming soon.  I'm not really worried about it too much as we got him a vaulting barrel back in February and he was told that was his birthday gift, but I figured he'd like to open SOMETHING.  When he had BarrelFest a lady was wearing a sweat shirt that a silhouette of a horse with a vaulter on the front and the back read "Your child does WHAT on the back of a horse?!" Which I totally loved.  So I did an Internet search and the thing costs more than I want to spend, doesn't come in children's sizes, and really, the saying won't work for him anyway.  So I decided to make my own shirt for him.  All of the silhouettes I could find were very much female though, and while I realize it is a female-dominated sport, there are quite a few men who vault as well so I did an Internet search for a picture an found this cool one.


Then I made it into this:

 

Then I added text:


I have the iron on transfers for the printer, I just have to go buy a plain white t-shirt.  I think it's gonna be awesome!

6 comments:

Wrena said...

I thought you were going to say Ian is getting a horse for his birthday!

AWESOME DESIGN and I know he will wear it with pride and when asked what its talking about... His answer, the look on his face... LOL

Shawna said...

That IS awesome! I think he'll love it. Maybe you will have to do two shirts - one in white and one in camo. . . .

clickandno said...

Love it!

Donna and Jim said...

You are so creative!!! Its wonderful!

Amy said...

you are so talented and clever! he will love it! Hey craft section at walmart... white tees $3.50

Anonymous said...

Of Course, MOMS can DO anything. Looking Great. Laater. LOVE Papa and G'ma.