Friday, March 25, 2011

Friday Confessional Again!

Photobucket


I confess:

I let my 7 year old son fly on an airplane ALL BY HIMSELF!

I was worried sick the whole time he was in the air.

I was utterly releived when I talked to him when he landed.

It was only an hour and a half flight.

He went to visit Gramma and Papa for spring break.

He is having the time of his life.

I miss him.

It's nice to only be with my daughter too.

I was so happy when Gramma reported that the stewardess said Ian was so good on the flight and caused no trouble at all.  I knew he wouldn't, but it's nice to hear.

I have remembered to feed his fish every night.

However, it's only been three nights.

Poor fish is gonna starve to death.

One last thing.  No one visits my confessionals, but it's still fun to do.  Very cleansing.

Ah well, that's all for now!

11 comments:

natalie said...

not no one!

my parents live 4 hours away and sometimes i meet them in the middle to give them one or more of my kids for a few days and then i cry all the way back home because i'm afraid i'm never going to see them again. i know, pathetic!

Pastiche said...

Thank goodness for Grandparents. I love when my Mom and call and ask for the girls! The Girls go to "Dearie and Poppy Camp" every summer! Gotta love it!

SherilinR said...

wow, you're a brave mom! i've thought of sending my kid on a plane alone, but i think she'd cry & cause problems for the airline staff.
enjoy your time time with your daughter!

VandyJ said...

That is brave--but I bet he thought the whole thing was an awesome adventure. Hope he loves his spring break.

Unknown said...

I don't think I could send my eldest on a plane by himself. I did it when I was 10, but yikes. Kudos for you!

Anonymous said...

I couldn't handle flying on a plane alone and I'm 25 years old. Kudos to your kiddo!

Glad to hear he's having a good time. :)

Have a great weekend!

Impulsive Addict said...

I'm visiting!! And several other people are too so you are on a roll! =)

You have big girl balls to let your 7 year old fly. I'm not sure I could. Emma's grandparents live 1,000 miles away. We'll wait and see.

Etosia (e-tasha) said...

my mom used to let me fly solo to my Grandparents in PA all the time when I was a youngster (10 yrs ago) and I loved it! the flight attendants take such good care of the kids when they fly alone!

amanda said...

I wish my mom had let me fly by myself when I was younger...maybe then I wouldn't have been so terrified (and embarrassed) to fly alone at 22. :)

Amy said...

I visit your confessionals faithfully! I bet Ian feel very grown up!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mom,,, You did a super great job of letting Ian come to visit Papa and G'ma... We LOVE him sooooooooooooooooooooo and Tana too, but good to have some "me-time" with him too. Having a SUPER GREAT time here in Washington which is only 2 hr. flight time away. Ready for Tana to come soon too. LOVE Papa and G'ma