Friday, May 29, 2009

Thank Goodness for Amy!

Brian has had a fever hovering around 102F since Sunday. Way too hot for my taste, but he kept insisting that it's just a virus and will go away soon. However, last night at around 7pm I took his temp and it was 103.5F. Way way too hot and I insisted I was going to take him into the ER. But there was the problem of what to do with Ian. He had School the next day and could not be out 'till all hours of the night.

That's where Amy came in, she graciously agreed to take my son for the evening and even offered to bring him home and sit with him at bed time so he could sleep in his own bed.

(As an aside, as Ian and I were walking to Amy's house when Ian saw his friends Lydia and Mikayla. When they asked him where he was going he told them he was going to Miss Amy's house because "Mom has to take dad to the OR at IFA." The IFA is a farmer's co-op. And since the girl's dad was standing there I had to explain I was taking Brian to the ER at IHC.)

Poor Amy! She had to stay in my messy house 'til after 1AM. Aren't I lucky to have such great friends?

THANK-YOU AMY!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh soooo Sorry that we don't live closer to help out in times of trouble. BUT we did lots of worring for you guys. Do take care and keep hanging in there. Glad that Miss Amy is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO wonderful !!! LOVE Papa and G'ma

Amy said...

It really was no big deal I got to read a book and sit in a house that was air conditioned. The IFA thing makes more sense now. Ian told me to call you at IFA and since I didn't know what he was talking about I couldn't call you there =) I know it was a big deal for you but it really wasn't a big deal I promise. I was glad that you were comfortable in asking me. I would do anything and be glad to help.

Wrena said...

Good one!
Hope Dad, is feeling much better!
Miss you all!

Wrena said...

P.S. At IFA he could have got a horse shot :)