Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Ladybugs Worked! - Finally!

So I went back to the nursery and returned my dead ladybugs, and when they looked in their fridge most of their ladybugs were dead. Someone had turned the 'fridge up too high. But they did find me one container of Ladies that were in the middle of all the others that had been a little insulated and the bugs were still alive. So I brought them home and let them go. Sure enough on Saturday I saw ladybugs in my roses munching away on the aphids. YAY!

If this works as well as I hope it does I plan on buying ladybugs every year since I hate the aphids and the whole soap thing never seems to work for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there Gardner lady of bugs... so glad that everything worked out. Looking to see magnificent roses soon. Hope none of your ladies get put in the insect trap. Take care, soon ... Love Papa and G'ma