Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Hamburger


How about a hamburger? Nice, cheesy, juicy and fresh off the grill? Okay, this one isn't exactly fresh off the grill. Okay, it isn't cheesy or juicy either. It's cake. But boy was it fun to make!

The "sesame" seeds are sunflower seeds, the top "bun" was baked in a metal bowl, and the "lettuce" is rolled out gumdrops. Fun, huh?

Amy needed a cake for a Scout auction, (I presume they auctioned the cakes and not the Scouts), and I had a book with this cake in it and decided it was perfect. I added a few touches of my own, and Viola! a cheeseburger cake!

5 comments:

Wrena said...

That is super!

Amy said...

THANK YOU!!!!!
your cake was a hit again!!!
everyone wanted the hamburger cake and kids were dragging parents over to the cake table to show them the hamburger cake.
Thanks again for helping me out!

Heather Shepherd said...

It truly was amazing to see! I told Kelli all about it and she can't wait to see the photo.

Kelli said...

Heather told me about this cake and I was hoping you would post a picture. It is amazing! I love the lettuce gum drops. So cute!

Anonymous said...

hey gal; yes, that book will help you lots. Turned out really GREAT !!! More to follow that cake. LOVE Papa and G'ma