Sunday, May 3, 2009

R.I.P. Bob

Yesterday was a sad day. Bob died. Bob was Ian's goldfish and a first rate dragon deflector. When Ian was about 2 1/2 years old he suddenly became very frightened of dragons. In my desperation I told Ian that dragons were afraid of fish because fish live in water and water puts out fire. Ian was sneaking into our bed every night or would wake up crying for me and I was getting no sleep, so I decided to get him a goldfish. That night was the first night Ian slept through the night. It was wonderful. Ian has since added Farmer Pickles to the tank and we had to go get a new fish so now we also have America.

For all the dragons you kept at bay, we will miss you Bob!

2 comments:

Wrena said...

Your the cutest narrator!! Thanks for your hard work Bob!

Anonymous said...

Oh how sad! I hadn't heard that Bob met his demise. He was such a great fish and buddy to Ian. We will all miss him! Love, Tete