Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Class Cake


So this is my newest "Class Cake". I'm sorry I did not get it posted before I left for Spokane. All the flowers and the bluebirds were made with royal icing. I liked the basket weave design on the side. It was a lot of fun to make and not as difficult as I thought it was going to be. Time consuming though. I also liked the new border. A kind of twisted rope look. And easier for me. For some reason I cannot get the shell border even to save my life. Maybe I've developed a mental block. Or maybe I'm just mental.

Anyway I can't see myself making a cake like this too often, the flowers are a little frilly for my taste, but i learned some interesting techniques. And I'm all set if anyone needs a wedding or bridal shower cake!

3 comments:

Jaqui said...

That's beautiful! It looks like a lot of work!

Heather Shepherd said...

I love the little Blue Birds! So cute!

Melanie said...

What a beautiful cake. I wish I could do something like that.