Monday, August 3, 2009

Idaho BBQ Results

We went up to Declo Idaho for a competition this last weekend and it was so much fun! We were at an RV park called Village of the Trees. And let me tell you it was BEAUTIFUL! When Brian told me this comp was going to be held in an RV park, I had visions of an old broken-down KOA. But this place was great. It was clean, well cared for, lots of grass and, of course, trees. There was a swimming pool, showers, a laundry and a catch and release fishing pond. Ian and I both caught fish.
These Pictures may looked posed, but I swear it's true. Ian caught a good three pound trout and mine... well, mine wasn't even three inches. I did not even know I had anything on my line, I was just reeling it in to head back to camp and here I had this tiny little fry in there!

The competition went great too. We took 3rd in chicken and 2nd in ribs. Our pork was a little overdone and our brisket was VERY overdone, but we were happy with the results. I can definitely say we will be going to this competition next year. And if you are ever in need of a RV resort and you are anywhere near Delco Idaho you MUST go to Village of the Trees.

6 comments:

Amy said...

I saw the u-haul in the drive way this weekend and couldn't wait to hear the results! It sounds like a great place to be. What part of Idaho is it in again? Good job Brian!

Unknown said...

It is just off of I-84 exit 216. It is located about 8 miles east of Burley. As Tara said, it is a beautiful place. Well worth the quick get-a-way (about 3 hours from our house hauling a trailer).

Melanie said...

Wow that is awesome. We love to camp I will need to check this one out! We have some friends that live near there. Ian way to fish. Tara what can I say...I have never seen anything on a line so small unless you count the lure to catch with. What a memory.

BTW~ Way to go Brian!!!

Heather Shepherd said...

Congrats Brian!

Tara, I loved how you circled your fish and the arrow pointing it out. I really would have missed it otherwise! How funny!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys; what a weekend. Now we really should have come !!! Bad planning on our part. Next time. Waiting for Labor Day plans. Fishing looks GOOD for Ian, and Mom too. Take care. Later. LOVE Papa and G'ma

Heidi said...

Congrats! You'll have to cook us some bbq sometime.
You need to come compete in the big Memphis in May bbq contest!

You're adopting?!!?