Friday, August 14, 2009

Home Study

So Monday night the Social worker came to look at our home and talk to us. We spent all day Saturday cleaning the house. I had the cleanest bathrooms in town! Then, she did not even look at them! Ian showed her around and she kind of went on a little walk through, but that was it! Brian says we've passed, and I'm pretty sure we have, but I'll be worried until some one OFFICIALLY says so. But I still need to get a Physical done that says I am healthy enough to raise a child, which won't happen until the 20th because my doc is out on maternity leave until then. (sigh) So on it goes, paperwork and all!

3 comments:

Donna and Jim said...

Don't worry about the home study. Of the hundreds of families that I worked with maybe only 1 or 2 didn't pass. They passed many families that should never have been. You and Brian and wonderful and will be wonderful parents to an adopted child. I can tell you that many social workers that I worked with didn't want to deal with not approving people because it can be a huge hassel. So, unless you have major issues (which I know you don't) you really don't need to worry.

Amy said...

exciting! nerve racking! another item off the check list getting close to the end! what wonderful times =)

Wrena said...

:D) GOOD NEWS! ANXIOUS FOR MORE!