Monday, March 16, 2009

War & Peace

Guess what? I had most of a day to myself today! It was great! The house is relatively clean, the laundry is mostly done and Ian went to school and the was home from 11:30 'till 1:00, but then went to a friend's house for a couple of hours of playtime. So I decided to make a cake. I really owed one to Heather since she made my mom an apron and refused to take any money for it. So I decided to make a book. But since the "book" was so huge I had to make it a big book. I suppose I could have made it "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire", but that was way more words than I was willing to write. As you can see, I still need lots of practice with me writing. But it was a lot of fun to make.



This part is my pages. I tried to make it look like books where the pages are all different sizes. I think my coloring is a little too dark, but it doesn't look too bad.

So, Heather, I hope it at least tasted good!

(Edit 3/17/09: So last night I was laying in bed and just before I fell asleep I realized that if you opened this "book" it would have been backwards! I've GOT to pay more attention!)

4 comments:

Amy said...

You are so creative! I love your ideas

Heather Shepherd said...

OH YEAH!!! If I wasn't such a fan of cake, and hadn't already made my dessert(it's green in honor of St. Patty's day) I would have brought it to Book Group to share!

Shhh...don't tell my kids or husband, but I'm eating it for breakfast today too!!

Thank you Tara!

Melanie said...

I love the cake...Where's my piece?

Anonymous said...

Hi; and the cake or book is simply superb. Yes, and where is mine?? Looking forward to one when we come down to spend a few daysa with you, Brian and Ian. Take care and keeping decorating !!! LOVE Papa and G'ma