Friday, March 6, 2009

Look out! There goes Spiderman!


Spiderman, Spiderman,
Does whatever a spider can.
Spins a web, any size.
Catches thieves- just like flies.
Look out! Here comes the Spiderman.

Is he strong? Listen, bud.
He's got radioactive blood.
Can he swing, from a thread?
Take a look overhead.
Hey, there! There goes the Spiderman!

In the chill of night, at the scene of a crime,
like a streak of light,
he arrives, just in time!

Spiderman, Spiderman,
friendly neighborhood Spiderman.
Wealth and fame? He's ignored.
Action is his reward.
Look out! There goes the Spiderman!

To him,
life is a great big bang-up.
Wherever there's a hang-up,
you'll find the Spiderman!


So, the best thing about having kids is you never have to really grow up. I don't think I ever had my face painted as a kid. Not from any real reason other than the opportunity never presented itself. But look! I get to live vicariously through my son. (I tried convincing the lady Ian REALLY wanted butterflies, you can see how well that went.) The make-up itself did not last long as Ian doesn't like calling attention to himself. Actually, sounds like most superheroes. Also he was afraid he scared Miss Becci! Ah, but now I have the "superhero evidence" forever! Isn't he adorable?

4 comments:

Amy said...

that's Aaaaawesome!

Heather Shepherd said...

How neat! Was there a school or church carnival?

Anonymous said...

...And we knew he had super strength in imaginations... like his daddy. Hang in there Babe, LOVE YA... Papa and G'ma

Heidi said...

Cool! I alsways wanted my face painted, too. Guess I'll have to go to another basketball game and get it painted!