Thursday, January 7, 2010

Oddly Satisfying

This afternoon as I was feeding Tana the phone rang. It was one of the people from the adoption agency. She said that there was a baby that had been born last night in another state that needed a home. She was wondering if we knew of anyone that was looking to adopt. I knew no one, but two people I had talked to recently had mentioned that they knew of families who were looking. So the first thing I did after hanging up was to call my husband to ask if HE had heard of anyone. Then we called our friends who called their friends....
To make a long story short, there is a family we don't know flying to another state to pick up a baby we've never met and bring him home. I may never meet this family and their baby, but right now I am so happy for them I'm crying.
And I feel... satisfied.

3 comments:

clickandno said...

Wow...

Amy said...

through you another family can share their love. that is great!

Heather Shepherd said...

I already knew you were one of God's angels, now someone else does too!