Saturday, February 21, 2009

Whoo-Hoo! I'm feeling better!

Brian and I cooked a pork butt last night. If you have never experienced Brian's pulled pork you may not know it is award winning. I have the award up in the cupboard. It's good stuff. We had a couple of friends over last night for dinner and shared our pork. Dinner is defiantly more fun with friends than without.

Then with a little leftover pork I made funeral potatoes. If you do not live in Utah you may not know what funeral potatoes are. I didn't 'til I moved here. They are creamy and cheesey and baked and apparently someone always brings them to funeral potlucks. Mine are a little different with a "smoke pit" twist. Anyway, I took my potatoes over to T and Becky this morning since they like my recipe so much. They own a restaurant called "Q4U". Big-time BBQers. I am so ready for some competitions. I'm sad Brian and I were not able to get the pit he wanted but it is on schedule for next year. It's fun to see how we do in the competitions but the camaraderie is really the best.

Brain is over with T right now smoking some chicken. He wants to get T's opinion on his sauce for the chicken. I think it is wonderful and everyone we ask about it says it's great, but we did not do so well in competition with it. I'm wondering weather we're being told one thing and people think another or if there was just a bad batch of chicken that went out last time. T will tell us the truth, we can trust his opinion.

Anyhow, things are better around here and we're all feeling better too.

5 comments:

Wrena said...

I am jelous and crazy over Brians Pulled pork! I so can taist it, but mad it's not whats for dinner GRUMP! Your not aloud to discuss food anymore! WWAAHH stomp stomp!

Amy said...

I am so glad you are feeling better! just to let you know Q4U is Brent favorite place me personally I like Brian better :)

Jaqui said...

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better! MMM, yummy dinner!

Melanie said...

I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better. Tell Brian that I loved everything he cooked for the BBQ last summer. I am telling the truth.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the nice comments.
We will definitely be having some more "practice" sessions prior to our competitions this year. We have planned on 4 and maybe 5 different comps over the summer so will lots of opportunity for practice.